Thursday, January 23, 2014

Let's Get Silly

     When my first 3 children were little, I didn't think it was proper for a mom to be silly.  I thought my job was to stay in charge and to be firm.  I thought if I got on the floor and just played, they wouldn't see me as an authority figure anymore.  Boy do I regret that!  When I finally grew up myself, I figured out that it was okay to get silly with my kids.  They knew I was mom and that they needed to obey and respect me, but they also saw that I could play with them. 

      We need to put everything aside and just let go of ourselves some days.  We need to let our hair down and allow our children to see us enjoying life with them.  My kiddos love it when I chase them, catch them and swing them around the room.  Their laughs are so contagious that soon we are all on the floor laughing so hard we are in tears. 

     My husband is great at doing this.  He makes funny faces with our daughters who enjoy just having fun and taking funny pictures.  He gets on the floor and wrestles with the boys.  He sits and draws and paints with the kids who enjoy doing that.  I love watching him as he enjoys being a dad. 

     It is a bit harder for me, but I have learned it is important so I try my best.  I am very work orientated.  I like to work, work and work, but my kids need to see me putting them first and one need of theirs I need to meet is FUN!  Once I start playing, I enjoy it.  I enjoy being their mommy and giggling with them.  We all need this time! 

     I challenge you to play with your kids everyday.  Put everything else aside and have some FUN!!!!

A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed 
spirit dries up the bones. ~ Proverbs 17:22

No comments:

Post a Comment