Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Do you have character?

    The other night I was unable to sleep, so I got up and began to pray. I prayed for each family on our Facebook page and blog. I prayed for The Lord to guide me each day as I post. When I was through praying I began to think about what character looks like for the Christian. I came up with this picture that is posted above.

     As Christians, our character is being watched everyday. If we fail to be men and women of integrity, we are called out. When we take on the name Christian, that means we are to be Christ like. We are to display His character in our everyday lives. This means putting all our selfishness, pride and unkindness and replace it with gentleness, kindness, and humility.  It also means that when we do fail, we must apologize and try to make it right with those we hurt or disappointed.

     As parents we have an even greater responsibility to have godly character. They are following our examples everyday, good or bad. God has placed our children in our care. He expects us to take this job very seriously.  We need to look to Him for guidance and support as we train our blessings. He also wants us to encourage other families with what He has taught us.

     Today I challenge you to find another family that you can encourage and love on as they persevere to be the godly parents God wants them to be.  Give them godly counsel and loving guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment