Friday, August 16, 2013

Kids need to have fun

I decided to do a Friday's Funnies on our page because we need to have fun.  We need to laugh and enjoy life.  Our kids need to see us smiling on a regular basis. 

Kids need us to get on the floor and play with them.  They need to be able to giggle and just let lose.  We need that too.  Do you really enjoy your kiddos, or do you just see them as a responsibility?  When I first became a mom, I was not fun at all.  Being a mom was just a job.  I thought in order to be a good mom that I needed to keep an immaculate home, have well behaved children, and never would I think of playing on the floor with my kids.  I had too much to do.  Play was not on my schedule.

As my children grew and our family grew, God began working in my heart.  He showed me that my kids needed me, not my ability to keep the kitchen floor worthy of eating off of, or no dirty dishes in the sink.  They needed my love and my touch.  They needed me to tickle them and run after them.  They wanted me to play legos or barbies.  I had to change!  I had to realize what really mattered. 

Do you need to play more?  Laugh more?  I challenge you to play today :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment