Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Power of Prayer

     I never realized how powerful prayer could be in a marriage until one evening my husband and I knelt beside our bed and prayed as a couple.  It was such a humbling and amazing experience.  I have never felt so close to my husband than I did in that moment.

      I had always heard the verse in Ecclesiastes about the cord of 3 strands, but hadn't really thought about it in terms of my marriage until we attended a marriage class at church.  When we put Christ at the center of our marriage, it strengthens our union.  Christ brings life to a marriage.  He gives it a firm foundation to build upon.

Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.  A cord of three 
strands is not quickly broken.  ~ Ecclesiastes 4:12  

      During the last 6 months my husband and I have been very faithful to do devotions together.  We have seen it transform our marriage in many ways.  We are more patient and understanding of one another.  We are more open and our communication has improved drastically.  Our love has blossomed more than I ever thought imaginable.  Worshiping, praying and reading God's Word as a couple will allow you to see your spouse in a new light.  

       I challenge you to get into God's Word with your spouse.  Find time everyday to pray with each  other.  Even if it is just a few minutes, it will be worth it!!!

      If you do not have a spouse who is a believer, know that I am praying for you.  Keep being a good example of God's love and pray daily for your husband or wife.  


No comments:

Post a Comment