Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Being the best mom you can be



As a mom  of 6 children, I would be lying if I said I felt like a good mom all the time.  I use to beat myself up when I yelled or had a short temper with my kids, but God has been working in me.  He has shown me that I am not perfect, so I will fail even as a mom.  It is okay to be human as long as I acknowledge what I did or said was not right and I ask for forgiveness.  I need to ask my Lord for his forgiveness, then I need to go to the child or children that I wronged and ask for their forgiveness.  Letting your children see you fail then repent is a lesson they will never forget.  They are smart, they know we fail on a daily basis, but it is how we handle those failures that will leave an impression on their hearts and minds.

I must stop here and say this:  If you have an issue with harming your children physically, please seek counseling immediately.  It is not okay to harm a child and then just say "Oh I am just human".   We can not use excuses to harm our children in any way.  Our response is our responsibility and if you are unable to control yourself, you need to get help.

Our children will learn by our example.  That is why it is so important to lead them by setting the right example even when our ugly sinful nature comes out.  They need to see that we need God's grace and mercy just as they do.  We must show them that even when we fail, God loves us.  We need to show them that even when they fail God loves them and so do we.  They must know our love is not based on their behavior.  It is unconditional!


No comments:

Post a Comment